Zero-Footprint Enterprise Viewer
Today's growing demand for seamless, instant access to images and reports requires innovative ways to deliver content beyond downloading images to traditional workstations and browser-based viewers. Synapse Mobility Enterprise Viewer fills this gap by providing access to the entire patient imaging record, including DICOM and native non-DICOM images and reports on iPad, iPhone, Android, PC, and Mac platforms through a zero-footprint application that requires no code download.
With Synapse Mobility Enterprise Viewer, physicians and clinical users can access patient information from all departments and locations throughout the healthcare enterprise, including at the patient’s bedside, in the reading room, and in their homes. Its powerful visualization toolkit includes a comprehensive set of 2D, 3D, MIP/MPR, and non-DICOM datasets that enables physicians to view the same high-quality, interactive images that can be seen at a diagnostic workstation, but in a convenient and readily accessible form factor.
Server-side design is fundamental to securing PHI. Because the application runs on the server, there is no need to move the entire study to the desktop or mobile device.
Access images and reports directly through the most popular web browsers (IE, Chrome, Safari, Firefox) or an EHR study launch with no code download or local caching of images.
FDA Class II 510(k) diagnostic accreditation
Synapse Mobility has achieved the Class II accreditation (not MG), the highest quality of standards available from the FDA on the web client as well as the iOS and Android apps. Diagnostic accreditation is necessary because it encompasses any treatment decision made by a provider.
Options to expand your images across multiple monitors to make the most of your viewing environments, all from a zero-footprint web browser client.
Voice and video collaboration
Enables secure, HIPAA-compliant live collaboration by connecting radiologists, referring physicians, specialists, and patients to collaborate with an active study.
Support on iOS to create measurements on your mobile devices.
Robust, site-configurable Share feature allows users to share studies with other enterprise solutions, such as image-exchange systems, educational tools, and departmental PACS systems, to name a few.
MPR and 3D access maximum intensity projection (MIP)
Server-side multiplanar, oblique, and curved reformats of CT and MR datasets allow the physician to view anatomical structures from different aspects. 3D volume rendering rounds out the advanced viewing and processing features, all implemented in a fully secure mobile or desktop environment.
View non-DICOM images and video formats (JPG, PNG, TIFF, MP4, MPG, AVI, PDF, etc.) from the VNA in their native formats, which prevents performance delays due to wrapping studies for viewing.
Federated data search
Connect all your enterprise-imaging archives to provide clinicians the complete patient record in a single view, from every department.
Benefits for IT Administrators
By design, Synapse Mobility Enterprise Viewer is easy to deploy and maintain. Its IT-friendly features include:
- Zero-footprint web client with no dependence on operating system, browser manufacturer, or version. Browser independence means no costly remote client workstations to administer
- Synapse Mobility Enterprise Viewer diagnostic app is available in the Apple Store for iPhone and iPad devices and on Google Play for Android devices
- Embedded security model means no patient information leaves the Synapse Mobility Enterprise Viewer server. There is no persistent image data on the Synapse Mobility Enterprise Viewer client
- One viewer to support all departments for all imaging, which reduces support for end users and the need to support multiple systems, resulting in reduced maintenance costs across the enterprise
- Use of off-the-shelf server hardware that is easy to integrate with Synapse VNA and your PACS systems, which translates to significantly lower IT maintenance cost per user in a solution that’s designed with IT professionals in mind