Let Synapse VNA Connect Your World
Synapse VNA integrates more specialties, more devices, and more data than any other VNA. Period.
With 16+ years of industry-leading experience, our TeraMedica Division remains independently focused on advancing VNA technology and healthcare interoperability while now leveraging Fujifilm's clinical capabilities. As the centerpiece of Fujifilm's comprehensive Enterprise Imaging portfolio, Synapse VNA provides the industry's leading image-management solution.
- Secure and enable control of all image data with advanced organizational and image lifecycle management tools
- Create a single patient-centric view across the entire continuum of care
- Manage all your enterprise clinical imaging content, DICOM and non-DICOM, in the single most scalable storage solution available.
- Connect imaging content from more specialty clinical areas, spanning all enterprise imaging, using VNA-inherent workflow tools
- Integrate all your imaging systems; Synapse VNA has connected more third-party systems than any other VNA
- Enable robust, rule-based image routing to any other device in the network
- Provide intelligent enterprise prefetching to ensure images are where they are needed when they are needed
- Provide a consolidated IT and imaging analytics platform
The patented Synapse VNA leads the vendor-neutral archive market.
Synapse VNA can be configured to manage data and transactions using the same shared infrastructure for multiple sites, facilities, departments, and business units. The healthcare provider benefits from one common data storage and management infrastructure. Data from numerous clinical business units are managed uniquely and independently of one another.
The Synapse VNA solution:
- Efficiently integrates multiple clinical IT environments (RIS/HIS/EMR/PACS)
- Uniquely manages data and transactions, each with their own quality of service
- Improves patient care by simplifying the sharing of all clinical content between PACS, departments, and facilities
- Coordinates multiple patient IDs and a Master Patient Index.
- Provides controlled access for HIPAA security (need-to-know access)
- Connect over 30 specialties (DICOM and non-DICOM clinical content)
- Centralizes data security across the enterprise on a state-of-the-art managed IT platform
Powerful XDS Enablement
Complete Solution Set
TeraMedica provides a full cross-enterprise document sharing (XDS)-enabled VNA, leveraging IHE standards to meet your current and future interoperability needs. The fully integrated and modular IHE XDS and XDS-I profiles allow for participation in a health information exchange (HIE), whether a single component or a complete solution is needed.
Utilize the Power of the VNA for Your XDS Solution
Our XDS platform is built upon the industry-leading VNA, known as Synapse VNA. The power of this VNA can be leveraged in conjunction with leading XDS capabilities, providing an unmatched solution for system interoperability. Fundamental to the Synapse VNA are native non-DICOM capture and management capabilities, making it easy to extend the solution into non-DICOM departments. Access to dermatology, GI, ophthalmology, oncology, and more allows a complete view of the patient, whether inside or outside of the organization, through the use of XDS. Furthermore, all the inherent data organization and lifecycle-management technologies within the VNA can be extended to an HIE through the use of our XDS platform.
Integrated Clinical Workflows
In addition to all these benefits, the integration can extend the full patient longitudinal record to other participating institutions and referral networks with intelligent clinical workflows. Through the use of the IHE cross-enterprise document workflow (XDW), a patient's information can be available everywhere within the HIE, with full referral tracking and details available to the original referring provider. Subsequent documents and outcomes can be added to the original referral and tracked with automatic notifications back to the providers. The clinical workflows also provide full access controls and patient consent workflows, keeping your data secure.
Future-proof Your Imaging Strategy
If your imaging strategy is not yet ready for HIE, rest assured that the Synapse VNA architecture provides future-proof capabilities for when you are. With native XDS capabilities available, Synapse VNA can enable your enterprise-imaging strategy today. In the future, simply enable the XDS infrastructure to communicate with other XDS-enabled systems. With our architecture in place, your imaging strategy is ready to meet the needs of tomorrow.